Thursday, May 21, 2009

of 'garbage trucks' and their 'garbage'...

Have shared these thoughts with some friends before so I thought to myself…why not blog it and share it with more people. The thoughts are not exactly my own…came across them in my emails and I feel that they are rather true and useful in helping us to cope with the daily stresses of life.

I used to tell my family that there is so much stress…anger, frustration, impatience, arrogance, ‘kiasuism’ and the list goes on…on our roads today. Encountering impatient and rude drivers (motorcyclists included) on our roads has become a common daily occurrence. And how do you normally react when you come across such a driver? Yep…you want to blow up and do or say something nasty…but STOP…please don’t do that.

Instead just think of these people as ‘garbage trucks’ which are filled with full of …you know what…and who have just dumped some of their garbage on you. Do not pick up their garbage and dump it on other people…your loved ones, friends, colleagues, students, customers, neighbours and even strangers. You know it’s just like having a bad day and you can’t control your emo and let it out on others… Don’t do that cos it just ain’t fair and moreover if you do, you are actually helping to spread garbage around and thereby become one of them…a ‘garbage truck’!

By now you may probably be asking : “So how should I react?” Well if they look at you, just wave at them, give them a smile and wish them well. (If you feel that you can’t do any of these, then just ignore them. Just tell yourself that the guy is having a bad day. Don’t let such people spoil your day. After all you may not even get to see that guy again for the rest of your life!) Anyway I think I can already hear some of you protesting: “Wa like that also can one ah…?” Well you can actually…it’s not easy as it requires a lot of patience and a very forgiving attitude…but if you can you’ll find less anger in yourself, feel much happier and be more at peace with yourself. Besides that you’ll be helping to spread more cheer and goodwill in this world…which is exactly what the world needs more of these days

Give it a try…really try…and feel the results…

By the way if you are one of those courteous, well-mannered, considerate, kind, patient and law-abiding road users, I SALUTE YOU…keep it up and help make this world a friendlier , happier and better place to live in.

I WISH YOU WELL AND DRIVE SAFELY!

4 comments:

Firesky said...

LOL I won't yell at them, I'll just run them over XDDDDDDDD
Joking =_= I can't even drive =_=

danchan said...

yup...i know...so when r u getting ur licence?

Yumimi said...

Nope I never yell at them either I'll mumble a few curses and watch their cars blow up WAHAHAHAHA XDXDXDXD
But yeah it makes sense ^_^

Firesky said...

Hahaha...how about never :(
I really don't know -_-;;;