Thursday, February 23, 2012

nasi dagang...

My first post for 2012 and it has to be about food...what else...hehe...
I first discovered nasi dagang (picture above) when I was working in Kelantan in the late 70's and early 80's. Really fell in love with it...as it was I something I had to have especially in the morning almost every day. The dish consists of glutinous rice served usually with chicken curry, salted fish, hard-boiled egg and dessicated coconut. It's yummylicious alright. You could easily find a stall selling nasi dagang almost anywhere in Kelantan. But back here in Penang, finding one is like looking for a needle in the haystack. Until I came across this cosy food outlet in Gurney Plaza. The Little Nyonya Cuisine which is located at the basement of the shopping complex serves wonderful nasi dagang which comes with delicious thick and just-spicy-enough chicken curry. It's just like walking down memory lane each time I savour the dish at that place.
If you haven't tasted nasi dagang before...why not check it out and see whether you like it or not?
Happy food tasting!

No comments: